REHABILITATION OF THE GOLD STAR MEMORIAL BRIDGE PHASE 1A
LOCATION: NEW LONDON, CT
The Gold Star Memorial Bridge Phase 1A project consists of 4 phases (A, B, C, and D) of steel repairs on the approach truss spans of the Gold Star Memorial Bridge. Phases A and B are priority repairs on each side of the truss that must be completed prior to start of phases C and D. There is a total of 373 steel repair location in total. This is broken down into 168 Gusset Plate Repairs (node locations), 96 Diagonal Chord Repairs, 88 Vertical Chord Repairs, and 21 Stringer Plate Repairs. Included in this scope of work is the following items:
- Installation, management, R&R, and removal of working platforms.
- Installation, management, R&R, and removal of erection rigging.
- Containment, Blasting, Painting, and touch up of steel repair locations.
- R&R interfering drainage systems and the installation of a temporary system
- Abatement of Guano in various locations
- Traffic Management on both the Gold Star Memorial Bridge and surface roads